Corporate Responsibility | Community
Meeting the Needs of Present and Future Generations
Partnering with communities to participate in stewardship opportunities.
At Forestar, our goal is to be the most admired and respected developer of real estate and natural resources. We know that to realize our vision, superior corporate citizenship must remain a cornerstone of our operating practices. That's why we foster a culture of social responsibility and service, investing in the communities where we operate, and encouraging employee volunteerism and philanthropy.
Continually seeking new stewardship opportunities through partnerships with environmental and community-based organizations, we:
- Open dialogue with officials and community leaders on issues affecting communities, forestry practices and other topics
- Encourage employee volunteer hours and contributions
- Organize tours of our forestlands for government officials, community groups, NGO's and academia
- Communicate with individuals and local groups who voice concern about how company operations affect them
- Present information to local schools and other groups about sustainability
- Join initiatives to identify, protect and conserve rare habitats and endangered species, and to conduct wildlife and environmental research
- Encourage community growth and development through participation in various organizations
- Support and invest in the communities where we operate